I-Pin – Tie Wire Anchor
The I-Pin is a 1/4″ concrete expansion wedge anchor designed for use in suspended ceiling tension applications. It is an excellent choice when powder actuated pins are not practical. Such as fastening into very hard concrete with hard aggregate or in hospitals. A pre-drilled 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ hole is required for installation.
- Hilti’s Ceiling Anchor HHDCA 1/4″®
- Red Head’s 1/4″ x 2-1/8″ Tie Wire Wedge Anchor®
- UCAN’s Tie Wire Anchor®
- Powers’ Tie Wire SPIKE Anchor®
Maximum static load should not exceed 100 lbs.
Packaged in boxes of 100 (4 lbs.) and master cartons of 1000 (39 lbs.).
Product Code: I-PIN
I WEDGE TIE WIRE ANCHOR INSTALLATION TOOL
ODM TELESCOPING POLE TOOL
- STI Independent Testing
- Silver zinc plated
- Overall length is about 2-1/4″
- Eyelet size about 9/32″
- Length from collar to point is about 1-1/4″
- Diameter: 1/4″
- Hole is designed to accommodate 12-gauge ceiling wire, ¼” bolt or smooth rod
- May be installed from the ground using an ODM-G2™ pole tool, ODM-250 SDS bit & I-WEDGE™ Installation tool
- May be pre-tied to ceiling wire
- Packaged in boxes of 100 (counted by weight)
- Box weight: 4 lbs.
- Testing performed at an IAS accredited lab in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 & ASTM E488
1/4″ I-Pin Anchor Installation Instructions
Required tools and fasteners: ODM, ODM-250, ODM I-Wedge, ODM-IP
Step 1. Drill a 1/4″ hole in the concrete ceiling using an ODM (Overhead Drill Machine) and an ODM-250 1/4″ x 1.25” HALT BIT.
Step 2. Remove the ODM-250 HALT bit and insert an ODM I-Wedge SDS Plus installation tool into your hammer drill, set the hammer drill to hammer only.
Step 3. Insert a pre-tied ODM-IP 1/4″ I-Pin anchor into the slot of the ODM I-Wedge installation tool and hammer the anchor into the hole.
Step 4. Pull down to set the anchor.